Monday, June 21, 2010

Which is more important?

As I teach English daily, I often wonder what my students want to learn in the I Speak You Speak English classes. When it comes to choosing from Vocabulary, Grammar or Pronunciation; the question moulds itself to "How to teach all these essential elements to my students?"
To answer it straight, I use media files, play YouTubes and show PPT's in the classes to place the learners in a real-life English-Speaking Environment. From there on the participants hold Live Conversations in the sessions and get instant feedback from me. I often correct them on the Singular-Plural Rule, Tenses or appropriate usage of Words.

What and how do you as a student expect to learn from an online class where the teacher leads you in a practice session on Speaking English?

No comments: